Friday, January 09, 2009

More Adventures with Fred

Because I didn't end up getting to clean Fred's bowl the night that we had the incident, I went and bought a fish net last night so that I could clean it. Everything worked fine with the fish net though I don't think he liked it as he moved around in it quite a bit. However, once I put him back into his clean bowl, I noticed he wasn't acting like himself (Yes, dumb I know, but I have had a lot of time recently and do notice how he normally acts!) He was at the bottom of the bowl and kept bumping into the sides of the bowl so I thought he maybe needed more water. I put more water in the bowl but he kept acting weird...I watched him for awhile and finally realized what had happened. Somehow, he managed to lose his left fin and now there is just a little stub...sad huh?? So, that is why he was having trouble swimming to the top. Poor little Fred...he has had a rough couple of days. He is fine though and I think he has caught on to swimming with just his right fin. He is just like Nemo!

I talked to Brandon and we both agreed that he better get home fast or Fred might not last much longer! Speaking of Brandon, he had a great time in Utah getting to ski two days with Missie and Matt. He left Utah today and has two more interviews before coming home late Monday night. He is getting tired of traveling for interviews and I don't blame him. We are both looking forward to having him back in Rochester for a couple of days before he heads on another interview this next weekend!

I planned a girls night tonight though which was fun. I had dinner at Culvers with some friends and then saw Bride Wars. It was great to see friends who have been out of town and I also really enjoyed the movie. I know the movie didn't get all that good of reviews though so don't take my word on it because this is definitely my style of movie! Well, I should probably finish cleaning the bathrooms before it gets too late. I am going to workout in the morning and then Joy and I are going up to the Cities to go shopping!

2 comments:

cassi said...

I loved the movie- it was fun! So sad about your little Nemo Fred!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the time with Joy. It is great that you can spend some time together.