Thursday, January 22, 2009

What We Were Doing On Jan. 20th - Obama's Inauguration

I know that this post won't even compare to the last post on our blog which Brandon did an awesome job with....I was so touched! But, I wanted to document Obama being inaugurated into the White House, so here are some pictures of the day and a list of things that we did that day.

A big hat with Aretha Franklin!The millions of people watching the eventBidens and ObamasSaying goodbye

So, on this day in history...
  • It was 9 degrees in Rochester
  • I was at work at Mayo watching the inauguration on cnn.com and making fun of Aretha Franklin's hat
  • Brandon was at home watching the inauguration since he is still off until the end of Jan. on interview time for residency
  • Brandon gave blood
  • It was Allison's birthday - Happy Birthday Allison!
  • We had dinner with friends and played games - It had been awhile since we had gotten together and it was so sweet that Cassi and Nick had us over!
For the first time ever, Brandon and I got first and second and Cassi came in behind us when we played Ticket to Ride - she usually wins!Brandon and I holding JillAdam making Jill smile - they were so cute!The boys - Brandon, Steve and Nick - just like old times!
Katy, Me and Cassi

Also, did anyone see this video of Obama?...he can dance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Ticket to Ride!! What a great game.

Purdy Family said...

HI Honey! I enjoyed your post, the pictures and the video were great. It was a special day indeed!! I logged many hours in front of the TV that day. :) (It was good for me to just sit for a change.) Also, I love seeing pictures of your wonderful friends! Adam and Jill are so cute! It will be fun to meet them when we come to Rochester in May! We are looking forward to seeing you, Brandon, and everyone!! Love you so much! mom

Beth said...

what a great way to document your experience of such an historical day!

cassi said...

Thanks for coming over that night- we had so much fun!!

Also- I saw Aretha's big bow the other day on tv and thought of you- you weren't kiddin'! :)

Unknown said...

It was one of those days to be remembered.