Saturday, September 08, 2007

Golfing on Labor Day and Pics from my Old Job

On Labor Day, we took advantage of the nice weather and went golfing at a course that he hadn't been to yet. It was a hot day and it was nice to be outside golfing together. The course was along the Root River and the setting was beautiful. It reminded me of Oregon except for the humidity and mosquitoes! Brandon played very well especially since the last time we picked up our clubs was in May.


This past Tuesday was my last day in the Department of CME as an administrative assistant. I put in a lot of hours right up until the end writing all of the procedures and training a temporary person for my position, so I was ready to start my new job on Wednesday as an Education Specialist. My department in CME threw me a potluck on Tuesday and they gave me a going away gift that included a specialist survival kit, a generous gift certificate and a Mayo notebook. That was very kind of all of them and I am going to miss everyone. They all mentioned how much they were going to miss me too!

I got a new haircut on Tuesday night and started my new job on Wednesday. My group out there which consists of my supervisor, 3 other specialists, and 3 assistants all took me to Applebee's for lunch on my first day. They are all very nice and I am excited about this new position. I now have my own cube and will be getting a laptop and pager...so I can pretend I am a doctor! I just started working on a Phlebotomy conference for March 2008 in Rochester and found out some of the other projects that I will be working on for 2008. The Plummer building - my favorite building on campus and where I worked for almost two years
The Plummer Building made up of Legos
A coworker who also runs a catering business, KelleySome of my old coworkers at the potluck-
Top Row: Lori, Trish, Sarah, Kari, Jonathan and Lisa
Middle Row: Julie, Kathy and Char
Bottom Row: Cathy, Me, Devon and MaryMy old half-cube!My new haircut!

4 comments:

cassi said...

Love the new haircut!

Anonymous said...

Great day. Great fun. Great going away from old job. Great new job.

Jen said...

Cute hair--where did you get it done this time? Miss you!

TAV said...

As always, love the haircut! :)