Sunday, September 23, 2007

Brandon is done with his surgery rotation!!

Brandon finished his surgery rotation on Friday after taking his surgery shelf test. Each medical student takes a national test at the end of most of their rotations. I am so excited that he is done with his rotation and that he is now on research until January...yay! He was able to sleep in until 8am on Friday and said that he felt like he slept in until noon. On Friday night, we went out to celebrate with Nick, Cassi and Adam. We went to Outback and had a wonderful time. Afterwards, we went to Nick and Cassi's house and played a new card game in which you had to think fast. Cassi won, of course...she is so fun to play games with! Adam is getting so big...here he is sitting with the boys...

Cute little Adam!

We had a bunch of cold weather the past week or so and I thought that it might now warm up again, but I am glad that I was wrong. It was in the 70's yesterday and today it was in the 80's! We got out to enjoy the weather yesterday by going golfing in the afternoon. We played at a course which had been completely under water when we had the bad flooding. Neither of us played that great, but it was so nice just being outside. We lost a lot of balls but I just blamed it on the course! Last night, we got together with some of Brandon's classmates at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some football. We were hoping that they would have the Oregon game on, but no luck... We did watch the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game which was a big hit in the Midwest and we also got to watch the USC vs. Washington State game. It was fun to visit with Brandon's classmates. We came home and listened to the Oregon game from Brandon's computer while in bed and both of us fell asleep with it on so we were glad to find out that they won! We are excited to go to Seattle on Tuesday. Brandon is presenting his research project out there and both of our families are coming up to see us. We will be there until Sunday!

My swing just doesn't look as good as Brandon's!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam sits with the big boys now. We hope that you have a wonderful time in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you actually get to see your husband now! That's how I felt after Brandon finished IM.

By the way, your golf swing looks like it's significantly better than mine.

Jen said...

Hope you are having fun in Seattle!