Sunday, September 16, 2007

I did it!!

On Saturday, I finished running my first 10K!! My goal was just to make it through without having to walk and I succeeded...yay! I wasn't so sure that I would be able to make it going into the race since the most I had probably ran up until that day was 5.5 miles and I had been running at night which is my favorite time to go. We woke up to our first frost on Saturday morning so it was a bit chilly, but it actually felt good while we were running. Katy and Bekah were so kind to run with me even though I know they could have gone a lot faster. They are awesome to run with since they talk the whole time which distracts me and I don't even have to talk much since I usually can't with my heavy breathing!! We finished the race in 63 minutes even though the chart down below says 64 minutes. Yes, we came in second to last, but that was the best time I had ever run. The reason we were almost last is because most people participate in the 5K if they are not that serious. The guy who finished first in the 10K with a time of 34 minutes passed us before we were half way and he was pushing a stroller and I asked if I could hop in and he just kept going right by without even looking at us! Some people are so serious about running! Last year, was the first time I had ever run in a race and I ran the 5K with Allison. We were just trying to finish without walking last year and that was my same goal this year with twice the distance!

My fellow runners - Katy, Bekah and I
Cassi came out with Adam to see us at the end - how sweet of her!
The Results

6 comments:

Jen said...

Great job! Maybe next year, I can join you!

Allison said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

Rachel and Hans said...

I'm glad that you met your goal, Kristen! It was a great morning to run. That is too funny about what you said to the guy in the stroller! His wife won the women's 10K, too!
Hope the rest of your weekend was fun.

TAV said...

awesome job, Kristen!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you! David and I were bummed that we couldn't make it to the Harvest Classic this year. Maybe next year we won't be on call and can run it with you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Could a marathon be on the horizon?