The weather was great this past weekend and we were able to do a bunch of things outside. On Friday, we went out to dinner with Nick, Cassi and Adam and then went to a park afterwards. The weather was nice and it was fun to take Adam down the slide! We then went to their house and played Palabra which was a new game for us. I didn't do so hot but it is always fun to play games with Cassi! The next morning Brandon had to go into the hospital to do rounds and I got to babysit Adam from 7:30 -11:30. Nick and Cassi went down to help clean in Rushford because of the flooding and I was lucky enough to get to watch Adam while they worked hard! He is so cute and it was so much fun watching him. He loves playing with phones so I got him a fake one at the Dollar Store and he loved it!

Adam talking on his new phone!

Going down the slide

Cute little guy!


On Sunday, we went to the MN State Fair with Christopher and Erica and their friends that just moved out here from Tennessee, Lisa and John. We got up there a little after 1:30 and spent the day eating a bunch of fried food, walking around and watching a Timber Jack Show. There are always so many food options, that I never know what I want to actually eat. I end up trying to space out my eating so that I can try different things...what a different mind set that people have at the fair!! Here are some of the things we ate: deep fried chocolate chip cookies (we ate these instead of the deep fried candy bars this year), cheese curds, lefse, chocolate chip cookies, french fried potato chips with bacon and cheese, and an elk burger. I am sure we had more things but I can't think of them right now! We watched a timberjack show this year which was a lot of fun. I have always seen them on tv but never in person. There were 3 timberjacks and they were all very good. Afterwards, the rest of the group watched the strongman competition while Lisa and I went to find restrooms and some more food! We had a great day even thought it was very hot.

Brandon and I with the strongest man and woman in MN

Lisa and I with one of the timberjacks who is ranked 2nd in the country and is from Alaksa



It was amazing hot fast they climbed these


The guy in black was a District Attorney who was very good at this - he had quick feet!
4 comments:
Thank you guys so much for watching Adam!! And the deep fried chocolate chip cookies sound so yummy!
Kristen,
Yumm! Sweet Martha's cookies! I went to the state fair with a bunch of the peds residents from school and made of one them (who was from Canada) buy a big bucket to share. So good!
A busy weekend with lots of fun and food. We should have some of those fried goodies for our teenage neighbors. Adam looks comfortable on the phone.
i remember those cookies-- one of the few things i do miss about mn :)
you look like you had a great time at the fair!
Post a Comment