I have been meaning to post a ton of pictures of what we have been up to for a long time, but we have both been so busy that I haven't had time! I started my new job today and had been busy updating a procedure manual and training someone for my previous position. I am very excited about my new job and all the people I am going to work with some so nice. They took me out for lunch today at Applebee's and I basically, just attended some meetings and got settled in for the rest of the day.
Brandon is on his surgery rotation which means that I don't get to see him very much... He goes in to the hospital to pre-round on his patients at 6am and then is not done until around 9 or so. He hasn't had to take call yet which is nice since I would rather have him here at night, but he has been putting in a ton of hours...He is enjoying it though and is learning a lot. I haven't been making very many meals recently since I have been eating by myself and I don't mind leftovers or whatever is around the house, but I feel bad when Brandon comes home and there isn't much for him to eat. I asked him what he wanted for dinner one night and he suggested Monkey Bread, so I made it for him the next night. It is very easy to make and it is so good:
Last Monday, I went to Bunko with all of the girls. We hadn't gotten together in so long and it was so much fun to see everyone. I have been incredibly blessed with so many great women here. We always have a great time when we are together. I never do so hot at bunko even though it doesn't take any skill and I realized that I have never won a prize at any of the bunko's except for the one at my house when I was drawn out of a hat of those who have never won before!! So, my streak continued and I tied with Cassi, Katie and Allison for the most losses so we split one of the prizes which was a four pack of cheese spreaders! I don't really care if I win since it is so much fun to be with everyone! In the picture below, Cassi and I are falling onto everyone because we had to set the timers on our cameras!
Showing off all of my "Losses"!I have been helping a girl in my office, Kari, plan her wedding, so this past Tuesday, some of us from the office helped her put her favors together. It was fun to get together with some of my coworkers after work and we got all of the favors put together.



3 comments:
kristen,
you look adorable in the headband! love the look :)
anyway, bunko always looks so fun.. i regret i never got a chance to join in the fun but, undoubtedly, would join you in the losers' bracket. good luck w/ the new job! and tell brandon that his surgery hours are a glimpse of what lies ahead..... :(.
A cheerful loser is sometimes blessed. Great bread for the busy surgeon. Both of you are blessed with pleasant work and good friends.
I love monkey bread! Did you get that from Dave and Lesley. (I only looked at pics so now I will go back and read!)
Post a Comment