- Brandon is in his Psychiatry rotation right now and has been learning a lot, especially about people who want to commit suicide. So when we were trying to pick a movie to rent the other day, he wanted to rent The Bridge. I wasn't so sure I wanted to watch but we both ended up watching it yesterday afternoon. This is a very interesting movie about people committing suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. The director basically had two people filming the bridge at all day light times for a whole year. All of them spoke about how they tried to recognize the people that would take a leap. Throughout the year, 24 people ended their lives by jumping off the bridge. They also saw several people saved when trying to jump off and they interviewed one young man who had actually jumped off and survived! I thought it was interesting that in all of the interviews with the family and friends of the people who jumped, none of them acted surprised that they would do this...it seemed like all of them almost expected for them to commit suicide...
- Today in church, our pastor showed a clip from a different movie also title The Bridge. The clip showed a father and his son who worked at a train track and would lower the track down each day when the train would come. Well, the train was early one day and the boy tried to get his dad's attention to switch the tracks but couldn't, so he went down to the tracks and tried to manually move them. His dad finally saw the train and needed to switch the tracks but saw that if he did that, he would end up killing his son. He had to make a decision to kill his son's own life for the lives of the people on the train and that is what he did...just like Jesus did for us. He sent his own son to be killed for us so that we could be forgiven of our sins. The service was different today as we walked to the front to take communion. We were also handed out pieces of cloths, that were like the bands that the Jews wore, to symbolize our sins from the past. We wrote on them what sin from the past bothers us the most and then threw those pieces of cloth away after taking communion...this was very different but is one of the reasons I like this church...they always seem to be mixing things up so that people don't get in the same groove.
- On Friday night, we celebrated my new job, by going to a newer restaurant in town, Paradise Pete's, and we also went and saw No Reservations. We were both very happy with the restaurant and will definitely be returning! Brandon had a pizza and I had a delicious strawberry salad. The movie was pretty good except that I didn't realize it was going to be so sad. I felt like it was an emotional roller coaster, because everything would be really happy, then it would be sad and so on for the whole movie! I think Catherine Zeta Jones did a good job though and overall it was good.
- Last week, Brandon cooked a dinner for me. He made hamburgers and did such a good job. Here is a picture of his double bacon cheeseburger:
- Yesterday, I slept in to noon!! I haven't slept that long in awhile. I have even been trying to not sleep in as long on Saturday's since everyone knows that I like to sleep in that day. It is pretty sad when I tell either Allison or Bekah that I want to go running on Sat. morning and both of them know that means 11am. And it is also sad when Cassi wanted me to stand in for her at a volunteer event but she felt bad since it was early on Saturday morning, and that "is my sleep in day"! So, when I realized that it was noon yesterday and I was still sleeping, I couldn't believe it and had felt like I had wasted half a day...
- On Thursday, I went with Allison and Bekah to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to spend a gift certificate that I got for my birthday from my parents. They were so sweet to go with me and I had such a fun time. Plus I had just found out that I got the new job, so it was a nice way to celebrate. I got quite a few things and ended up saving $26 in coupons...Allison was laughing at me as she called me a grandma for using so many coupons! But because of the coupons, I was able to get a lot of things. I was super excited to get an ice cream cake kit and some gadgets to go along with it. I am going to test it out today by trying to make a "hamburger cake" (I figured Brandon might like it more!) and see how it turns out. I will post a picture on here if it turns out okay.
- Well, I better get going since it is 3:45 and I still have laundry to do, cleaning the house, returning some items at Target, a cake to make, wedding invitations to address for a friend, etc. I hope everyone is well!
2 hours ago



4 comments:
Wow, what a busy half day.
KRISTEN YUAN!! I am so happy for you that you got your job!!! I can't believe you didn't call to tell me. I am calling you tomorrow. That is so exciting!
Also, Allison must think I am a total Grandma since I always have a coupon :) I am proud of you for being such a good little saver! haha.
And, you can't give up your sleep-in day- I love that little fun fact we all know about you (and am jealous of those days...)
Paradise Pete's actually isn't new ... it's the new name for Mr. Pizza (or Pizza man, can't remember) OUR FAVORITE PIZZA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so jealous ....
I love coupons! :)
Post a Comment