Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our Weekend

On Friday, we went over to Nick and Cassi's house for a little surgery rotation get together. They just got back having spent 6 weeks in Arizona for Nick's surgery rotation. Tushar and Kavitha also came over since they were about to leave to go to Arizona for their surgery rotations. Steve just finished his surgery rotation and Brandon is the only one in Rochester that is about to do his surgery rotation. It was so much fun to see Nick, Cassi and Adam...we missed them while they were in Arizona! Adam had grown and he is so cute. I was afraid that he wasn't going to recognize me, but after playing with him some, I hope that he remembered! We had a great time eating Cassi's wonderful cake and playing a new card game!

Little Adam playing peek-a-boo behind his cup!

On Saturday, it was extremely hot and humid outside, so Brandon and I spent most of the day indoors cleaning and relaxing. We went to a bbq that evening at Bekah and Jeff's place and it was still pretty hot out. We had a good time visiting with friends and eating lots of yummy food while trying to stay cool. It was supposed to be a bbq for the third year advisors to meet with the new first years, but a lot of the first years did not show up. Brandon is an advisor for 3 new students, but none of them showed up last night. After the bbq, a bunch of us went to see "Bourne Ultimatum". I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it since I couldn't remembered what happened in the first two movies, but I ended up enjoying it. It was a great action film and we missed the entire thunderstorm that we had while we were inside the theatre!
Brandon, John, Sujit and Jeff
Bekah, Me and Katy
Jeff and Brandon

It was very nice out today, but we spent most of the day cleaning and watching the PGA Championship. This is Brandon's last weekend before his surgery rotation starts. He starts out with Anesthesia for a week which we heard shouldn't be too long of hours. He is looking forward to this rotation since he is still considering Anesthesia for his specialty. Well, I better get going...I am training for a 10K run on Sept. 15th and I am supposed to run 5 miles tonight which I have never done before! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Allison said...

did the guys and girls plan to match?

Anonymous said...

Adam really is growing. Inside during a MN thunderstorm is a good choice.

Anonymous said...

I had the same thought as Allison - were Jeff and Brandon planning to be twins? :)