Brandon got to bed early since he had to be on call again today... I shouldn't be complaining since he hasn't had to be on call at all until a few days ago, but to be on call both Friday and Sunday is a lot! I feel bad that he hasn't been getting very much sleep. For the past 3 weeks or so, he has been getting to the hospital at around 6am to pre-round before the residents. I didn't realize what exactly "on call" involved so I will explain it for those in Oregon...When you are on call, you get to the hospital at 6am that day, stay at the hospital all night and then you get back home around noon or one. I took Brandon to the hospital this morning at 5:45 am since it was raining outside. I was pretty awake so I was going to stay up when I got back, but I decided to go back to sleep for a bit. But before I knew, it was already 10:30 am! So, needless to say, I got enough sleep for the both of us last night!! I think Brandon has a couple of more on call days this week, so hopefully, he can catch up on some sleep sometime this week. I will get to see him tomorrow when I get off from work and before I have my first volleyball match.
I have been keeping busy while he is on call. On Friday, after I got home from work, I went on a bike ride and then met up with Katy. We rode our bikes to Hollywood video to rent a movie and then had an interesting ride back at around 9pm since Katy had a flat tire. We made it back and then we went to Culvers before they closed to get ice cream sandwiches that were amazing. We ate them while we watched Because I Said So with Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore. The movie was just okay since it was pretty inappropriate. Katy left around 12:30am and then I went to bed. I slept very good which was nice since I have been worried how I will do with Brandon being gone. Today, after waking up so late, I went shopping, grocery shopping and then have been doing things around the house. I didn't realize how easily I can fill a day by myself! Hopefully, I will be able to sleep well again tonight!



2 comments:
Kristen,
I saw "Because I said So" with my dad. Ugh. I know what you mean about it being inappropriate. Could have been just as funny without some of the comments. :-)
Lots of long hours with little sleep. We are so pleased that you are getting comfortable with being a doc's wife. You must need a "ton" of deet for the evening outings. Maybe you should consider one of those bikes with three wheels for your night rides.
Post a Comment