Monday, October 29, 2007

Carving Pumpkins

I made some cookies a couple of days ago for my bible study social night and Katy came over to make some cookies that she has been wanting to make. Her cookies turned out super cute, they were little witches hats! Mine didn't look very good but they tasted alright.

My sugar cookiesKaty's cute witches hats

Tonight, we got together with some friends to eat pizza and dessert and to carve pumpkins at Katy and Steve's house. I made a chocolate pumpkin cake which was super easy to make. We had a great time with everyone and although we can never keep the pumpkin that we carve since we don't have anywhere to put it outside, it is always so much fun to carve pumpkins. Oh, just to let everyone know...it was 67 degrees and sunny out today!! We have had such nice weather the past couple of days!

The pumpkin cake that I madeBrandon (aka"Almost Daddy"!), Carter and AndrewYou can see who does all of the work in our household...just kidding! I like carving pumpkins!Adam helping Katy and Steve carve their pumpkinBrandon thought it would be funny not to smile since it is hard to get picture of little kids smiling, but Adam ended up smiling...jokes on you Brandon!Nick doing a good job of keeping little Adam distracted - he kept wanting to go outside. I don't blame him since it was around 67 today!Nick, Adam, Cassi, Katy, Steve, Jen, Andrew, Carter, Jeff, Bekah and Brandon and IBrandon and I with the pumpkin I carvedAdam doing his cheesy smile! I thought a bat would be appropriate for this year!Cassi and Nick's pumpkin
Steve and Katy's pumpkin

8 comments:

cassi said...

Ok seriously- both of your cookies are so cute!! We had fun carving pumpkins!

Anonymous said...

"Almost Daddy"??????? Something I am missing here?

Anonymous said...

Cookies, pumpkin cake and pumpkin carving. Who could ask for anything more?

yuan family said...

Ebby you are funny...I guess I should have explained that one. Andrew and Jen are our med siblings and we laugh because Andrew and Brandon look alike (they are both half Asian) and I look like Jen. We think that their little boy thinks that Brandon looks like his dad!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh now I understand. I thought I may have missed something in one of your posts. I was getting all excited and everything.

We will be in Rochester the weekend of January 11th. Hope we see you at church.

Krista Marie said...

Hi kristen! I think we were there at the Apple Ridge Orchard the very same day. It might have been the weekend after, I'll check. Do you think you can help me with my blog sometime? I need to figure out how to add links again. We need to get together!

Anonymous said...

Those pumpkins are really well done.

TAV said...

Yeah, very nice pumpkins! Looks like you're having a ton of Halloween/fall fun! :)