I apologize that I haven't posted anything since last Sunday. Brandon and I had a busy week and a busy weekend with friends. Brandon is now done with being a teaching assistant for Anatomy. The first year medical students had their final exam on Friday which means that they no longer need Brandon's tutoring...yay! Brandon tutored everyday this past week and on most of the days, didn't get home until 11 pm. I was also busy with a conference on Thursday and Friday, and in my spare time, I have been trying to keep up with working out at the gym. I had my personal trainer appointment this past Tuesday, so I now know how to use all of the weights and I should be working out 3-4 times a week and doing weights 2-3 times a week. Hopefully, I will be able to do this!
On Friday, Brandon and I ate dinner with Erica and Christopher and then played the Wii at our place. The boys went and saw "Beowulf "with some of Brandon's classmates while Erica, one of her friends and I went shopping. Afterwards, we hung out with Christopher and Erica at our place which was fun. After they left around 10:30pm, Brandon mentioned that he was supposed to be at the first year students party for being done with Anatomy. Even though I was very tired from having worked at our conference since 6:45 am, I went with Brandon to the party. Since there are 8 Mayo physician kid's in the first year class, the party was at one of the physicians' houses. We arrived at 11pm and didn't leave until 1 am or so! I had fun meeting the students that Brandon had been tutoring and it was fun to watch all of them play Catch Phrase.
We slept in on Saturday and lounged around the house. In the afternoon, I went to the Mayo Craft Show with Katy to start Christmas shopping. It was amazing to see all of the things that people make. Cassi and Jen both had their own tables. Cassi sold the signs that she makes as well as other cute decorative things. Jen was selling some awesome paintings, handmade cards, soap and little onesies. Katy and I were so overwhelmed by all of the tables but we managed to only buy a couple of things!
That night, Brandon and I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in town that we hadn't tried before called Carlos O'Kelly's. We had always made fun of the name thinking that is was a mix of Irish and Mexican, but it is now our favorite Mexican restaurant in Rochester. We have tried about 3 other places and none of them were very good so we are glad that we tried this restaurant. Afterwards, we went to Christopher and Erica's and watched "The Last King of Scotland" while we ate Erica's delicious dessert. I didn't really want to watch the movie and it ended up that I paid the most attention to it...I am not sure how that happened! It was an interesting movie.
On Sunday, we went to church at Krista and Albert's church, Meadow Park along with Tunde and Deola. Krista was in a drama that morning and we wanted to see it. She did a great job portraying someone who was drunk and they got the idea for the drama from the following video:
This video is a very good reminder of how we let so many things get in the way of seeking God first.
All of us at Bakers Square - Bella, Me, Kristen L., Hannah, Jake, Fola, Bisola, Deola, Tunde, Brandon, Albert, Jacob and Krista
Tunde, Brandon and Albert
Albert, Jacob, Krista and Bella
Bisola, Deola, Tunde and their friend, Fola
I couldn't decide which kind of pie to get so I got a half of each!
That night, we went over to Deola and Tunde's for dinner and games. It was fun to play games with everyone and I love being around their kids too. We are so blessed to have so many great friends in Rochester!
We slept in on Saturday and lounged around the house. In the afternoon, I went to the Mayo Craft Show with Katy to start Christmas shopping. It was amazing to see all of the things that people make. Cassi and Jen both had their own tables. Cassi sold the signs that she makes as well as other cute decorative things. Jen was selling some awesome paintings, handmade cards, soap and little onesies. Katy and I were so overwhelmed by all of the tables but we managed to only buy a couple of things!
That night, Brandon and I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in town that we hadn't tried before called Carlos O'Kelly's. We had always made fun of the name thinking that is was a mix of Irish and Mexican, but it is now our favorite Mexican restaurant in Rochester. We have tried about 3 other places and none of them were very good so we are glad that we tried this restaurant. Afterwards, we went to Christopher and Erica's and watched "The Last King of Scotland" while we ate Erica's delicious dessert. I didn't really want to watch the movie and it ended up that I paid the most attention to it...I am not sure how that happened! It was an interesting movie.
On Sunday, we went to church at Krista and Albert's church, Meadow Park along with Tunde and Deola. Krista was in a drama that morning and we wanted to see it. She did a great job portraying someone who was drunk and they got the idea for the drama from the following video:
This video is a very good reminder of how we let so many things get in the way of seeking God first.
After church, we all went to lunch at Bakers Square with a couple, Jake and Hannah, that we had met at our church and they are now attending Meadow Park. We had a great time with everyone and by the time I finished both pieces of pie and Brandon ate his cinnamon roll along with his cinnamon roll french toast, we were stuffed!
That night, we went over to Deola and Tunde's for dinner and games. It was fun to play games with everyone and I love being around their kids too. We are so blessed to have so many great friends in Rochester!



3 comments:
8 physicians kids? this is getting out of hand
Blessed indeed!
fun times! i never made it to carlos o'kelly's but always thought the name funny, too! all the kiddos are getting so big!
Post a Comment