
Christmas 2006
I have been meaning to post this for awhile but each time I sat down to write, I started to cry. Thanks to your prayers, I am now feeling at peace with the situation... This past Sunday, my grandpa passed away at the age of 85. He was an amazing man and had such an admirable outlook on life. He will definitely be remembered by everyone with a smile on his face! One of my fondest memories of him was when he dressed up as Santa Claus each year for my dad's Christmas parties. After the party each night, I would tell my parents that Santa sounded like grandpa. Finally, one year my parents caved in and told me the truth! He lived a great life and I am glad that he is no longer suffering. Thank you all for your prayers!
My grandma was put in the hospital on Saturday with bad pneumonia so she was unable to be with him the day he died, but fortunately my family was there with him. She is out of the hospital and is still weak, but if anyone can overcome anything, it would be her. At the age of 88, she went parasailing this past year! She is also amazing and has the best attitude of anyone I know. Please also pray for her health. Here are some pictures below of when she went parasailing this past August:



12 comments:
Kristen,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. That is very tough. Praying for you and your family. Also hoping your grandma is feeling better. Praying that she gets lots of strength from the Lord and her family.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, Kristen. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but I am so glad that you have such great memories. Keep telling the stories so that others can remember them, too.
I will be praying for your Grandma. What a spunky woman!
you and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers
I am so sorry Kristen. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We are still praying for your family. Your pictures are great- especially of your cute grandma parasailing,
God bless you, Kristen. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Our love to you.
I'm sorry Kristen. Despite the fact that we feel that they have "lived a good life", it's never easy to say good bye.
Thinking of you and praying for you still. Sending BIG HUGS your way, too!
I'm so sorry Kristen. Please let me know if I can help at all. Whatever you need.
kristen, your grandparents both sound like amazing people. i'm thinking of you and them. best wishes to grandma for a speedy recovery.
Kristen, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
I love your grandparents Kristen! I remember going over to their house when we would have play dates and when they would come to watch our volleyball games! I'm thinking about you, your grandma, and your family!
Post a Comment