We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday even though we didn't go home this year. Brandon woke up fairly early and played football with some of Nick and Steve's friends while I managed to do the turkey myself. I was surprised at how heavy 16 lbs. can be when you are rinsing the turkey out and trying to stuff it! I had made the stuffing before I went to bed which made it fairly simple. I took the turkey over to Lesley's around 10 am to put it in the oven. Afterwards, I helped Katy make her yummy rolls and then we went on a little run so that we wouldn't feel as bad eating! It had been snowing since that morning and was around 20 degrees, so it was a pretty run but very cold...we both agreed that this is something we wouldn't have done after first moving to Minnesota! The snow did not stick to the ground but it snowed all day and was very pretty.
At around 1:30 pm, Brandon and I went over to David and Lesley's to get the turkey ready for everyone to eat around 3 pm. Brandon did a great job carving the turkey while David and I made the gravy. Both turned out very well! We celebrated Thanksgiving with Nick, Cassi and Adam, Steve and Katy, Melissa, Christo, Karuna and Luke, David and Lesley (only for games) and their friends, Megan, Brett, Keiran and Liam. We had a great time eating lots of yummy food that everyone brought and playing games. It was so nice of David and Lesley to have it at their house! Down below are some pictures from yesterday.
We are so thankful for all of our family and friends. Thank you all for your prayers during this difficult time. You all mean a lot to us and we appreciate everyone's friendship.
We are so thankful for all of our family and friends. Thank you all for your prayers during this difficult time. You all mean a lot to us and we appreciate everyone's friendship.
This past Monday, we had bunko at Janet's place. It was so much fun to see everyone and though I didn't win again, I always have a great time! Maybe one day I will actually win!
Front row: Me, Beth and Cassi
This is the first time that I have had to work after Thanksgiving which is a little difficult since the majority of people who work in my building are gone on vacation. However, I picked up Brandon for lunch and we checked out some of the shopping specials at Target which was fun. We plan on eating leftovers tonight with Nick, Cassi, Adam and Katy and Steve and I am looking forward to that!



1 comment:
You had a great group for your Thanksgiving. It was definitely a shared effort and the results are a credit to both of you. Your efforts at the gym were needed for the sixteen pound turkey.
Post a Comment