Saturday, August 05, 2006

Barbeque to Welcome 1st Year Students

Brandon, me, Erica and Chris (our med sibs!)
Diana, Albert, Krista, Brandon, me, Hillary and AlexAs you can tell, everyone else is in front of us!

Brandon, Nick, Cassi, Steve and Katy (Steve's wife)
-----------------------
Last Sunday, there was a barbeque out at Soldier's Field to welcome all of the first year students. All of the medical school and graduate school were invited, however, not all that many people showed up because it was at 1pm on one of the hottest days of the year! We still had a good time and it was fun to meet some of the first year students. It was also to great to see the 2nd years who had been away for summer vacation. We got to meet our med siblings...their names are Chris and Erica. Chris is the medical student and we actually hosted him at our place when he was here for his interview. He and his wife just got married in June. They are from Tennessee and I love their accents! Here are some pictures from the day. I talked Brandon into doing a 3-legged race and I think we came in last! I thought we were going fast, but apparently we were super slow. Oh well! We did get 2nd place in the egg toss, so I guess that makes up for it. We came home and were extremely tired and drenched with sweat, but we had a great time.

That night we went over to Nick and Cassi's to play games. Cassi made her sugar cookies which are super good. Steve and Katy came over too and it was fun to play games with everyone. Steve and Katy got married on July 22nd and Katy just moved out here. She will be a nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and it is fun having her out here. We played Hoopla and a different version of Scrabble that Cassi is very good at! We had a great time as usual and Tara, I didn't even take any pictures of Adam (even though he is so cute and is starting to smile).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks as though Brandon is looking for the egg with anticipation. With the second place finish, he probably did not get "egg on his face."