Saturday, February 10, 2007

Random things from this past week...

This past Tuesday, we played our last co-ed volleyball game of the season since we didn't make it to playoffs. We lost the first two games and won the last game which would give us our second win for the season...yay! Cassi and Nick came to watch us play and were kind enough to take some pictures too. I think all 12 of us had a fun season and so many people improved tremendously.


In other news...it is still cold as can be in Rochester. I think today might have been the first day for the past couple of weeks that it got above 0 degrees. The sun was shining and we were actually able to get our car washed. We tried to get it washed last weekend and the place we normally go to was closed. We thought it might have been broken or something, so we tried another place because we really needed to get the salt off of our car and they were closed too. We finally figured it out that they were closed because it was too cold outside...we learn something new everyday here! Oh, we also learned last week, that if you keep cans of pop in your car, they will explode when they get too cold. It didn't happen to use but to one of Brandon's classmates. And, once it exploded the pop froze all over the car!

My grandparents sent me the picture down below that they received in an email. They were trying to make us feel better about our weather. This picture is from a town close to Geneva, Switzerland called Versoix. These are icicles that are all over the town...even all of the cars are covered in them! I don't know how cold it would have to be to do this because it gets super cold here and I have never seen anything like this.

Our last piece of news...our medical siblings, Andrew and Jen, had their first baby this past Thursday, Feb. 8th. It was a little boy that they named Carter. He was due in March but due to some problems, Jen was induced and he was born 2 days before she was 37 weeks pregnant. He was 6lbs. 4oz. and he is so cute. We went to see them on Friday and they all are looking great. So many people tell us that I look like Jen and that Brandon looks like Andrew, so we got the opportunity to see what our future kids will look like!

Ok, so I lied...one last thing. Just an FYI - I might not be blogging as much as I usually do since we had to return my laptop to Dell for a couple of weeks to get the monitor fixed. I get to use Brandon's when he is not using it, but I would prefer if he got to use it to study.

2 comments:

Barb and Dwight Purdy said...

Thanks for keeping us informed of your activities, we love to see the photos and read what you have been doing. I'm going to miss this while your monitor is getting fixed. Hope they get it fixed quickly. Love you both, mom P.

Anonymous said...

Lots of news. We enjoy reading it all. You can look forward to going from zero degrees to tornado season. Just wanted to encourage you.