We woke up this morning and it looked like it had only snowed a couple more inches and it was not snowing at the time, so we went to the volleyball tournament. We got to the National Volleyball Center at 8am and started playing our matched at 8:30 am. I think we ended up playing a total of 6 matches for the day and we got done at 2:30 pm. Brandon and I were the only ones that knew everyone on our team...there were two girls from my office, one of their finance's and then Wendi and John. We all had a good time and got quite the workout! It was fun playing with everyone! Down below are some pictures from the tournament. I think we came in 10th or so out of 18 teams...not too bad.
When we came out to our cars when we were done, the parking lot was like an ice rink all of our cars were covered with 1/4 of an inch of ice and it was still raining and then turning into ice. It wasn't all that cold but it was slippery out since it was raining and then freezing on the ground. I was able to open the passenger side of the car, but the driver's side door was frozen shut and covered with ice. Brandon got out the scraper and tried to break the ice that covered the whole car, but since we bought the scraper for $1 or so at WalMart, John had to help us break the ice with his hand dandy tool. I was inside the car while they were trying to get the ice off of the car and it sounding like they were breaking the windows. We finally got out car de-iced and then had everyone over for Little Ceasar's pizza for lunch. Now that we are exhausted from our morning, we are going to stay inside for the rest of the night.
2 hours ago











2 comments:
That is lots of ice. That should make a nice "base" for the snow.
I can't believe those ice pictures!
Post a Comment