I haven't posted anything on here in awhile and I just realized why...I haven't taken any pictures recently! I normally do not like to post without pictures since I am not a very good writer, but I will give it a shot.
This past week, the weather has been pretty nice here. It has been in the 60's and it has been clear. After Brandon took a big test of Monday, we were able to go out and play tennis together that night. We were pretty rusty, but we enjoyed being outside. On Tuesday, we played basketball outside with a few people and then went over to Christopher and Erica's for dinner. Christopher made excellent cheeseburgers on the barbeque (or "grill "for those that grew up in the South!). It was fun to hang out with them and we ended up staying there until 10 pm watching tv. I was also jealous that they just got a treadmill, so I walked a little bit on that! On Wednesday, I went on a run while Brandon studied and then we both went and tutored the high school boys. They told us that they weren't going to school on Friday since there was supposed to be a school shooting that day...I haven't heard of anything, so that is a good thing. Last night, we had bible study and were able to spend time with some of Brandon's classmates.
Brandon started his surgery rotation this week and has had to be there at 7am each morning. Today, he was on cardiac surgery and he got to close. He was excited about that since he has been practicing suturing and has only done it on pigs before. He got done with the case at around 3pm and I got done with work at 4pm. We just got back from playing ultimate frisbee with some of the medical students (mostly 3rd, 4th and residents). Yes Hans, your team won!
This weekend, Brandon is going to study for the boards. I am coaching volleyball tomorrow morning and then hope to enjoy some of the sun in the afternoon. It is supposed to be in the 70's. We hope everyone back home is doing well. We are excited to come home at the end of May.
2 hours ago



2 comments:
We enjoy your writing even though you do not have new pictures. Brandon's practice must have been beneficial in closing the surgery.
What Doctor did he do the cardiac surgery with?
Post a Comment