Sunday, April 15, 2007

We Won Another Volleyball Tournament!

Today I coached a volleyball tournament in Caledonia. I was supposed to be there at 7:30 am for a coaches meeting and I had heard that it took about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes to get there, so I was planning to leave around 6am. Since everyone knows what a morning person I am, I had everything packed up and ready to go last night. Well, it is a good thing because after having woken up at 5:30, I accidentally fell back asleep and woke up at 6:10! I hurried and got on the road at 6:20 and thought I would be late, but I was a very efficient driver (I inherited that from my parents!) and arrived right when my girls arrived at 7:30. We won all of our matches in pool play and went on to win the whole tournament...the girls played great! We got done at 3:30 or so and I got back into Rochester around 5:15. The weather today is awesome and I kind of wish that I had been able to go on a bike ride or something, but the girls are really fun to coach. Some of them mentioned that they wanted to have a sleep over at my place, so we will see how that goes over with Brandon... Here are some pictures from the day, including another winning tournament picture with T-shirts. I now have two new t-shirts!

Top Row: Brianna, Nellie (Emily), Mary, Shelby, Amy and Me
Bottom Row: Hilary, Katie S., Katie J. and Emily Brianna (a setter just like I was!), Mary and Nellie (she goes by Nellie since there are two Emily's)
Nellie, Hilary, Brianna, Katie J., Mary and Katie S.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats! That is so exciting that you won another tournament!

cassi said...

Kristen! That's awesome! How fun. I bet they love having you as their coach.

Anonymous said...

Good trip; good game; good weather. It's all good.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a great coach!-KristaG