On Sunday, after walking 3 miles, we drove up to The Cities and went to the MN Zoo. It was pretty hot outside, but we enjoyed walking around seeing the animals. Our favorite animals were the gibbons. They were inside and were very active. I think one of them was having fun posing for everyone! Afterwards, we got ice cream at a place called Sebastian Joes. Joy's friend that used to live in Minneapolis suggested the place and it was awesome. They make it fresh daily. I definitely want to go back sometime! We then looked around in a cute little shop before eating dinner at Maggiano's. It was nice to be able to sit outside once again. Our waitress thought that Brandon and I looked like siblings! After dinner, we drove Joy to the airport. It was sad to see her leave but at least we will be home in a month!
The last picture reminds me of something you would see on Jay Leno. You are not supposed to bring a chain saw on the plane because of the flammable liquid. Who cares about the fact that it is a saw...all they care about is the flammable liquid!

Joy, Brandon and I sitting outside at Maggiano's (an Italian restaurant)

Brandon and I with our new best friend - the camel!


Joy, Brandon and a moose

Brandon is thrilled that I wanted to take a picture of him on the turtle

The gibbons - the white one is the female (Tia) and the black one is the male (Bailey) - Tia was posing for the audience

Seeing Joy off at the airport...

Apparently flammable liquid is their only concern with a chain saw!
4 comments:
Joy could have probably gotten the chainsaw in her purse. We are glad that you had a great time together.
camel pictures = CLASSIC
We saw those gibbons when we were there last summer...they were so talkative!! I can't wait to take Carter to see them in a few months! Looks like you had a lot of fun with Brandon's sister. When are you headed back to OR?
That zoo looks fun! Is this the one with the dolphins?
Post a Comment