Sunday, April 22, 2007

Saturday

Yesterday I coached volleyball from 8am-1pm at the National Volleyball Center here in Rochester. My team played pretty well...they came in 2nd out of the four teams in our pool. Considering that three of the seven players were from another team that I don't usually coach, they did very well. The National Volleyball Center has eight volleyball courts and all of them were full with teams playing. There were 12 and under, 14 and under, 16 and under, and 18 and under teams. On one court, there was even a whole team of boys playing in the 14 and under pool. I bet they felt so weird being around a whole center of girls, but I heard that they did fairly well. I haven't seen a boys team play in such a long time so I had to take a picture! I also thought it was funny because some of the boys were over 6 feet tall and then there were two boys that were under 5 feet tall... You can tell in the second picture below the height difference!


He doesn't even come up to his chest!

Later that night, Brandon and I went to Whistle Binkies (a little bar/restaurant located on a little lake) with some of Brandon's classmates. It was a great night to be outside since it reached the 80's yesterday and it was fun to catch up with some of his classmates that I haven't seen in awhile. We had a great time and a highlight of the night had to be when Matt stood in the fire pit to make his Wookie sound and because of that, John has to ask out the dean of the medical school's daughter next year. She will be a first year medical student next year. It was pretty funny!

Matt making his Wookie (from Star Wars) noise in the fire pit!

Earlier this past week, Jen and little Carter came over to our place to pick up something. We were so glad that she stayed for a little bit so that we could play with Carter. He is over 2 months old now and is so cute. He is still pretty little (10 lbs.) but he is developing more of a personality. He smiled at Brandon a lot...we think this is because Brandon looks like his dad!! Everyone tells us that we look like his mom and dad so maybe this is what our future child will look like...hopefully, we get the blue eyes too! :)
Brandon playing with CarterCarter with Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute picture of baby Carter!!
- cassi

Beth said...

It was so great to see you at Whistle Binkies! During volleyball in high school, I always looked like that little kid subbing in for our 6'1" middle hitter during games. Pretty pathetic!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another good weekend. Where have all the 80's gone?