Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Oregon

Last night we arrived back in Rochester at around 10:30 pm. We were sad to leave our family and friends and today I thought up five top reasons why we should visit Oregon more:

5. The weather is SO nice - it was over 80 almost every day we were there and we didn't see a drop of rain, plus there is no humidity.
4. We are an hour away from the ocean and an hour away from the mountains - it doesn't get better than that. We played golf at the coast one day and had a wonderful time.
3. We are able to see our friends that live in Oregon.
2. Our families are both in Oregon.
1. Finally, I need to come back to Oregon more since I was told by multiple people that I am developing a Minnesotan accent - scary!!

Ok, so now that we are back and I haven't posted pictures in a long time, here are some of the many pictures from our trip:

Brandon and his grandpa made us a stand for one of our speakers - his grandpa is very good at wood working
We spent the first half of the week at Brandon's house. We definitely get spoiled when we go home - they had all sorts of treats for us including my favorite type of Baskin & Robbins ice cream. Here are some pictures of when they had my family over for dinner:

My dad (Dwight), my brother (Kyle) and Brandon
Me, Brandon's mom (Lagaytha), Brandon's sister (Joy) & my mom (Barb)
Brandon, Joy, and Brandon's grandparents (Norm & Joyce)
Mom, me and Kyle
Joy, Joyce and BrandonThe Yuan FamilyThe Purdy Family (except my sister)

On Tuesday, Brandon and I went with our dads to the coast to play golf. It was a beautiful day and we all played fairly well. I was excited that I was able to get fresh salt water taffy!

Brandon with his dad in his birthday golf coat





3 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures, Kristen! I am glad you had a wonderful time and arrived home safely. Looks like you had so much fun.

cassi said...

We miss the mountains too! I love the golf pictures- they are so pretty! We need to get together now we are both back! Thanks so much to Brandon for the airport rides!

Anonymous said...

It was fun being with you. The weather was on its good behavior just for you. The rain made its appearance soon after you left.