Last night, after taking a walk to the mall to return something, I met Brandon at the AT&T store to take a look at the new iPhone. It was a lot of fun to play around on one and I instantly got the wants! Brandon was very good though and since we have been researching phones for awhile, he reminded me what different options I really wanted in a phone. When we got home, we ordered the Treo phone from Sprint that we have been looking at. It is a nice phone that will do a lot of things plus Brandon will be able to download medical programs on his that he can use in the clinic. Brandon got a blue one and I got a burgundy one so that we don't get them mixed up at home. We are both very excited to get them in the mail this week!---------------------------
Last Sunday, Deola and Tunde invited the whole third year class over to their club house to celebrate their daughter's, Bisola, first birthday. They did such a good job with all of the decorations and with all of the food. I loved the chicken that Deola made. It was so nice of them to feed dinner to all of the students. We had a great time and we were glad that we could be there to celebrate. Tunde and Deola are from Nigeria and I guess it is normal to have big celebrations for 1st year and other big birthday's. Deola even said that most people get tents and invite a couple of hundred people! Here are some pictures from the night:



2 comments:
Wow! Cool phones. Nice pics, too! I remember that, when we were in Nigeria, they said that celebrations (like weddings, birthdays, etc.) were huge. Sometimes 2000-3000 people would just "show up" and would have to be fed! I love the M&Ms and that's great you got leftovers (love those too) :)
Beautiful cake and the M&M's are a great idea. Bet you are enjoying the food.
Post a Comment