Brandon has been gone since Wednesday on a couple of interviews which has left me some time to get some holiday baking done. I made fudge on Tuesday night, holiday pretzels on Wednesday and then last night I made sugar cookies and special K bars. It took me the whole night to make the dough, roll out the cookies, bake and then decorate them but it was fun and I listened to Christmas music the whole night!
Tonight, I went to Goonies, a local comedy club, with some coworkers. It was actually a lot of fun and the two comedians were pretty funny. I think I would even be up for going again sometime. There was quite a bit of language though. Tomorrow morning, Lesley and I are going to volunteer at Christmas Anonymous, which is a volunteer organization that collects new and used goods and then sets them up in a church like a store for needy families to go shopping at. I volunteered a couple of years ago as an escort which means that you take families through the store and direct them to the correct places while holding their shopping bags. We will be doing the same thing tomorrow from 8-11:30. Afterwards, I am going to my supervisors house for her to show me how to make lefse. I have a lefse grill from my grandma and I don't know how to use it so I thought I should learn! Tomorrow night I am going to a Christmas party. Brandon won't be able to come with me as he will still be gone but it will be fun to see everyone. Brandon then gets back on Sunday at 6am so I will have an early drive up to the Cities. Hope everyone has a good weekend!



5 comments:
Kristen- those look DELICIOUS!!! I'm so impressed!
Uhmmm ... your pictures of goodies make me hungry. You are an amazing cook!
Nick's mom, Ruth
I'm so sorry you are so far away. The cookies look delicious. Grandma Mary k
Those look like very tasty cookie Kristen! I wish I was there to sample one or two!
Wow! What a great job of baking.
Post a Comment