Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oregon

The long line for Horizon's customer service in Seattle - I imagine Brandon was in a similar line!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it home safely. I left on Friday and after having to take a shuttle from Rochester to Minneapolis instead of a plane, I made it into Eugene from Seattle around 12:45am. I was very blessed though as due to the weather, multiple flights were canceled in the NW.

Brandon, however, did have a pretty tough time. They gave up his seat on his flight from Charlotte to Phoenix and couldn't get him on a flight until late the next day. So, without luggage or his cell phone charger, he had to stay in the airport overnight. It is a good thing he did though because he was able to go standby on a flight to Denver and then his parents, being very proactive, had bought him a flight from Denver to Portland. If they had not done this, he wouldn't have been home until today (Tuesday) because it turns out the airline never had him confirmed on a flight even though they gave him boarding tickets with seat numbers! What an experience! He was such a good sport though and his parents were able to pick both him and his sister up as their flights from Portland to Eugene were canceled.

We heard that this past Friday was the busiest travel day so far this year and over 800 flights were canceled due to the weather. Then on Sat., we heard that only one flight flew out of Portland, so we feel very blessed to be home for Christmas together.

We are having a great time with our families and are glad to be home. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad that all arrived safely.

cassi said...

Kristen! I'm so sorry about all the flight problems! I'm glad you both made it home. Brandon wasn't in PHX was he? Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Yuans.