On Saturday after volunteering at Christmas Anonymous with Lesley, I went over to my supervisor's (Julie) house for her to show me how to make lefse. My grandma used to always make lefse but I never learned how and neither has my mom so I thought I better learn or the family tradition would be broken...lots of pressure, I know! She had made up the potato mixture the night before but I learned how to add the flour, make it into little balls, roll it out, which is the hardest part as you want it to be thin but not broken, and then grill it. It was a lot of fun to learn how to make the lefse but it does take awhile. We made lefse from 1:30-5:30pm!
Afterwards, Cassi and Adam came over before going to the Christmas party and I was able to give Adam a little gift...a DVD to distract him on the plane ride home the next day! We then went to Bekah and Jeff's for Christmas party. It was fun to spend time with friends that we haven't seen in awhile and all of the goodies were delicious!
Afterwards, Cassi and Adam came over before going to the Christmas party and I was able to give Adam a little gift...a DVD to distract him on the plane ride home the next day! We then went to Bekah and Jeff's for Christmas party. It was fun to spend time with friends that we haven't seen in awhile and all of the goodies were delicious!
Julie putting the lefse on the gridlle
Julie's son, Isiah, was awesome at knowing when to flip the lefse on the grill
Me, Jen, Bekah and Erica at the Christmas party
Krista's kids, Jacob and Bella, who I haven't seen forever...they are so cute!
The girls plus Carter!
On Sunday, Joy and Nick were able to pick Brandon up so I got to sleep in. Brandon got home around 7:30am and after we both slept in, Brandon studied while I ran some errands. That night, Joy and Nick had us over for dinner and games which was fun. Nick and Brandon enjoyed doing surgery on one of Nick's bone models!
Tonight, Brandon had a basketball and I was able to go watch because I didn't have a volleyball game like I normally do. I ran around the track the first half of the game and then watched the second half. They played very well and won. However, one of the players on the other team was a dirty player and I didn't enjoy watching that...it made me frustrated when he would flop on the ground and pretend to be hurt and then complain when a foul wasn't called...Good thing I didn't watch the whole game! I definitely need a net in between my opponents when I play sports...too aggressive for me!
By the way, it is FREEZING here today. I don't look at the weather channel anymore like I used to as I think it just pscyhs me out but when I walk outside and my nose hairs freeze, I know that it is below zero without looking at the weather. I don't know how anyone lives in weather like this! Hopefully, it warms up in the next couple of days...



3 comments:
Thanks for the DVD- Adam loved it and kept asking for "Harry the Dog!" to watch.
You now have the full array of baking skills. Lots of basketball going on.
I LOVE lefse! looks like you did a great job!!
:0 merry christmas! thank you for your card!!
Post a Comment