With Halle's first Christmas being almost a month away, I have started to think of ideas for our own Christmas traditions. And, I thought it would be fun to hear about other family Christmas traditions. I have no clue who all reads this blog, but if you have a Christmas tradition (it can be something real simple), I would love to know what it is so please leave a comment on this post. Even if you haven't posted something before or want to do it anonymously, I would appreciate it!
Since no post is complete without a picture, here is one I took this morning trying on a new bow that is about the size of her head!!
9 comments:
oh my gosh, look at that little smile! so cute!
new pajamas on christmas eve. ornament each year summarizing a favorite of the year. christmas nativity story read night before. these all seem pretty usual huh... :) 25 christmas books wrapped open one each day.
We put candy canes on the Christmas Tree.
Hi Kristen. We always make a gingerbread house around Christmas. I cheat and buy a kit premade but the kids always had fun decorating it with all different kinds of candies. I also have an advent calendar so they had something to look forward to each day prior to Christmas.
Even though this is Max's third Christmas, we still mostly have to figure out our traditions as well, since we have spent the other christmases in our parent's homes.
We always had the kids dress up as the characters from the Nativity while an adult read the story of the Savior's birth from the book of Luke on Christmas Eve. I am not sure how to implement that in my home though since I only have two kids. I also like the "one new ornament a year" thing, and Christmas Eve Pajamas.
We always had a Navtivity in our front yard. Before we lived on Lariat Meadows we lived in several houses so in those days we always had a Santa on our front door. We would cover the whole door . It was easy. GiGi
Hey Kristen! Love the new pic. She seems to not be so botheres by the headbands anymore. You must have been persistent. :) A tradition I stole from someone a few years back is to keep the baby Jesus from our nativity set put away until Christmas eve and then put him in the manger on Christmas eve after church or reading the story. The kids love this-especially Liz since she is such a baby freak! We also do an ornament every year-it is fun to search for one that says something about each child from that year. Have fun!!
We get a family ornament plus an ornament for the kids each year. I will eventually give both S and T their ornaments one day for their own homes. We also open our stockings on New Year's Day.
We always had Santa come on Christmas Eve and scare the bejeebers out of Kristen. By the time she was 13 she quit crying.
Love all the new photos! We get an ornament each year that is dated so we know which year it came from. We also try and get an ornament from each vacation we take. Love hanging them on the tree year after year and remembering! We also started the new jammies (Christmas themed) on Christmas eve last year at my mom & dad's. I still feel like we are just getting started in a lot of our traditions since Kaia is so young.
We also do a really special candle tradition that I can tell you about sometime with my mom & dad, brothers, etc. It really focuses the meaning of the night on Christ.
Post a Comment