Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy 5 Months Halle!!

In her Turkey shirt that she will wear for her 1st Thanksgiving! I am thinking I should eat a lot so that she gets to taste all of the food too..ha!

Happy 5 Month Birthday Halle! Again, the little one has a cold on her birthday but she is still being so good. I also have a cold and think that she is handling hers way better than me!!

If I had to describe Halle right now...I would say she is still a content, happy baby that loves to move around. She just learned to roll from her back to her tummy and whenever we put her down on her back, she ends up rolling over which ultimately has her going around in circles! She also loves standing with help. She still sleeps a lot but this past week she has been waking up one time in the night...I am hoping this is just due to the cold and is not a new trend! She loves to look around at things and she won't fall asleep when I grocery shop anymore since there are so many things to look at! But, she doesn't fuss at all in her car seat...just looks around and smiles at her mama from time to time!! She is becoming much more interactive...she giggles every once in awhile and is talking more and we just love it!

At 5 Months Halle...
  • Weighs around 14 pounds (just a guess based on our scale)
  • Seems really tall to us...her feet hang out of her car seat!
  • Still drools a ton (she soaks multiple bibs throughout the day!)
  • Loves sucking on her hands and thumbs especially when she lays on her side - this is how she sleeps at night!
  • Rolls over from her back to her stomach even though she doesn't really like being on her tummy - she sometimes gets lazy and doesn't want to roll back so we have to help her out a little! (see video below)
  • Is sitting up pretty well by herself with the boppy behind her
  • Is talking a lot more and making different sounds
  • Giggles but not at the same things - we think she has to be in the right mood and she usually laughs when we do something with our mouths...
  • Tried rice cereal once and seemed to like it but because of the mess it made and her not showing that much interest anymore, I have decide to wait to give it to her on a regular basis until later this month
  • Is currently sleeping around 7-8 hours, then waking up to eat, then sleeping around 3-4 more hours at night in her own room!! She goes down very easily...sometimes fusses for about 5-10 minutes but that is it!
  • Still eats every 2-3.5 hours during the day
  • Loves standing and looking around at things especially the tv!!
  • Tries to stand when put in the bumbo so it doesn't work for her to sit in it!
  • Wears size 2 diapers and is still in 0-3 month clothing but I am starting to put her in more 3-6 month - she wears 3-6 month sleepers
  • Likes her swing more than her bouncer and still likes to kick on her changing table
  • Started using a jumperoo and seems to like it
  • Is getting good at grabbing toys and putting them in her mouth
Things we love about this stage:
  • Her little giggle
  • The way she talks and makes noises
  • How content she is

Rolling over!
She gives the cutest smiles right before she falls asleep in her bouncer
Where's Halle?!?
We have to put a bib on her at home since she drools so much! And, she loves this blankie and her little zebra toy that she chews on...Isaac and Lagaytha call this the "Halle Lip" which is what we have started calling it too...she doesn't cry much but she does do this when she is about to or is sad...who can say no to that face?!?Sitting by herself (sort of!)
A cheesy smile!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Aww, she is so cute and she is getting so big! I love her "lip" - much better alternative to the crying!

Heidi said...

She is th most even-tempered baby I have ever met. I'm excited to see her in her Thanksgiving shirt Thursday ;-)

Purdy Family said...

Kristen~ Once again~ I love seeing pictures of Halle, watching the darling videos, and reading about everything she is doing! Thank you so much for doing a fantastic job on your blog!! It is the highlight of my day! ;) I can hardly wait for all of you to come! All my love, mom

Jessica SG said...

I agree with Heidi...Miss Halle is the most content, even-tempered baby I've ever seen!

Marci said...

Awe, Happy 5 months, Halle! It's going by too fast, huh? We missed you at play group, hope you both are feeling much better! Love her videos!

Unknown said...

We have so many things to be thankful for, don't we?