Saturday, June 10, 2006

Barbeque & Softball


Cassi, Adam and I at the Internal Medicine Barbeque


Brandon, Tushar, Brian, John, Tony and Nick at the Internal Medicine Barbeque


Brandon all wet after playing softball in the rain

____________________________

On Thursday night, we went to a barbeque at an Internal Medicine doctor's house. There were internal medicine resident's there to answer any questions that medical students might have. Plus, there was free food! It was fun to see Adam, but once again he slept the whole time I was around. On Friday, we went to another barbeque/party for the 2nd year students who just finished taking the Board exams. Every year the first year students put on a party for the second years right after they take the exams. It was fun to see everyone and once again Adam was sleeping...I think I must be boring because he is always sleeping when I am around! After the barbeque we had a softball game. The forecast was for rain all day, but it didn't start raining of course until we arrived to warm up! We ended up starting the game in the rain, and played three innings in a complete downpour. It was fun at the beginning, but then it got miserable! When I went to bat, I even asked the umpire if they ever quit games because of the rain, and she said only if it starts lightning. We were playing the best we had played, but in the fourth inning, lightning started and we had to quit. I guess that we will have to start over and play the game another day, but I am looking forward to it because I think we actually have a chance at beating someone!

No comments: