Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July

Dave, Lesley, Tara and Brandon

John and Brandon

Christo, Dave and Veronica Ray

Wendi and Melissa

-------------------------------------

We celebrated the 4th of July by sleeping in, relaxing at the pool, going to a barbeque and then watching fireworks...a wonderful day off from work! Wendi and John (John is now a 4th year med student) invited us over to their friends house for a barbeque. Wendi and John and their friends (The Ray's) also go to our church. The weather was perfect and it was a great day for a barbeque. I don't have a picture of everyone who was at the barbeque, but I will list who was there: Dave and Lesley (both 4th year med students); Christo (a 3rd year), Melissa, and Karuna (their daughter); Jeff (a 4th year) and Ingrid; Tara (a 4th year); Kelsey (Wendi's friend); Wendi, John and Wendi's dad (George); and the Rays. There was a lot of good food and we had a great time.

Afterwards, we went and watched the city fireworks along the river. Nick, Cassi, and Adam met up with us to watch the fireworks. Brandon and I had gotten some sparklers and some other firecrackers that would crack when you pull them. We all had fun with those, however, I struggled with the firecrackers that you had to pull...somehow, 5 of the ones I had were duds. I didn't want to think that maybe some of that was due to user error, even when everyone else's were working! We thought we had a great spot in the grass, but we realized that when the fireworks started going off and we couldn't see them behind the trees, that it wasn't such a great spot. So, we ended up moving to the sidewalk so that we could see. The fireworks went off for almost 30 minutes and it was fun to see them.
You can look at other pictures by clicking on the links on the right side of this page that say "John and Wendi's Blog" and "Nick and Cassi's Blog".


Me, Veronica, Wendi, Tara and Cassi

Nick and Cassi

Veronica, Tara, Wendi and John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must have been a wonderful 4th.
Good times with good friends. Fireworks and food help to make the day just right.