Friday, July 28, 2006

Geocaching

Brandon finding the cache
Little things that people put inside caches
Brandon signing the logA firefly!
-------------------------
Ok, so I am not finished posting pictures from our trip to Oregon, but Brandon and I went geocaching last night with our new GPS, and I wanted to post pictures from that. The cache was in Quarry Hill Nature Center and it was on top of a hill that we hiked. After we found it, we hiked around the trails on the hill. It was a lot of fun to get outside and do some hiking. Some of the pictures are dark because I had the flash on by accident...sorry! The last picture is of a firefly...the little yellow streak. I wanted to take a picture of one because there were so many out last night, and Brandon thought that there was no way that I would be able to get a picture. I kept on shooting pictures of ones that were a ways away, and then all of a sudden one came right in front of us and flew right around us for a couple of minutes. If I had a tripod with me, I might have been able to get a good picture...oh well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The GPS opens up lots of possibilities. The hike must have been lots of fun. How about a firefly in a jar next time?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

You have to explain what this is Kristen. I have no idea what you are talking about :(

yuan family said...

Wendi,
I put a link on the blog to the geocaching website so you can see what it is. Basically, it is like a treasure hunt. You find posts that people do on the website and download the coordinates for the location of the cache (the thing that you are trying to find). Then there are clues to help you find it. There is even a cache in Mayo Statuary Park under a bench. If you want to go sometime, let us know. I think it is fun!