On Friday, we won another softball game!! Our record is now 2-7! We only won though, because the other team didn't show up! Since we had enough people to play, we ended up playing anyway with just our own team. Nick was going to play with our team as a substitute, since a lot of people are at home for the summer break so, Cassi and Adam were there too. I really got a workout...holding Adam the whole time was pretty tough!

On Saturday, we went to one of Brandon's classmates apartment's pool. She is out of town and made a key for us so that we could use her pool, which was so sweet of her! It was in the high 80's and it was so nice to be able to swim and relax. Nick, Cassi and Adam also came and it was fun to be out there with them.
Afterwards, Brandon and I went to pick out glasses for Brandon. He wears contacts, but when he doesn't have them in, he has trouble seeing things that are far away. Since our insurance through Mayo gives us both $1000 for dental/vision a year, Brandon was able to get glasses for free. As you can see below, Brandon feels very sophisticated while he is wearing them! I think that they look good on him.

On Saturday night, we had Nick, Cassi and Adam over for dinner. I made chicken enchiladas and Cassi made brownies for dessert. After dinner we played Scattergories, and Cassi and I won! As always, we had a lot of fun with them. However, I felt bad because our apartment was really hot. We had forgotten to turn on our air conditioning and when we got home from the pool, it was extremely hot in our apartment and we could not get it to cool down. Adam slept (probably because it was so hot) until 9:30 or so and then was awake until they left around 11. It is so much fun to see him awake because he is starting to move around more and will follow you with his eyes. As you can see in the picture with Nick and Cassi, Adam is starting to stand a little...Cassi is taking a video of him on her camera! Brandon and I both enjoy holding him.





No comments:
Post a Comment