Sunday, July 02, 2006

Golfing in the hot weather




One of Brandon's classmates, Justin (a third year), invited us to go golfing this afternoon. We teed off around 3:15 pm and got down with 18 holes around 7:30 pm. It was very hot outside and I think Brandon and I both got a little burned, but it was still a lot of fun. The course has a deal in the afternoons, so we were able to get carts, which made it a lot nicer in the hot weather. Brandon played very well, he shot a 76! He was hitting the ball very straight and far. I also played pretty well considering I haven't picked up my clubs since last summer. I was hitting it pretty well, but my short game definitely needs some work. We had a great time with Justin and it was fun to be outside. We are looking forward to playing golf again when we come home.

So, we have noticed that there are a lot of wild rabbits here in Rochester and we frequently see them in our parking lot. Since we are only used to seeing rabbits that are pets, we always try to come near them, but they always run away. When we came home after playing golf, there was a rabbit right in front of our parking spot. For some reason, we were able to get close to this rabbit, so Brandon took a picture of the rabbit and I.

No comments: