Brandon's schedule this past week: waking up at 4:30 am, getting to the hospital by 6am for his orthopedic rotation, getting home around 5pm unless he is on-call, going to bed around 10pm...he is on call every 4th night.
+
Kristen's schedule: waking up at 7:30 when my alarm is set for 6:30 (it is hard to get up when Brandon isn't home!), working until 5pm, working out, then going to bed around 11pm.= We haven't seen much of each other!
Brandon was on call last night and is still not home yet, so I am excited to see him. After work last night, I made cookies and dropped them by the hospital so that I had an excuse to see him! I heard that the other people on-call enjoyed the cookies too which is nice. Katy and I then worked out last night since both of our husbands were at the hospital. I didn't get home until 10 pm and then found things to do around the house until midnight. This morning, I woke up around 8:45 and went to a "strictly strength" class this morning at the gym with Bekah. Katy met us afterwards and we biked then ran a little. Both Katy and Bekah are thinking about signing up for a triathlon with me in Rochester at the end of June. It has always been my goal to do a triathlon and this is probably the best point in my life to do one. I am proud of myself that I have worked out every day this week, however, I know that I will be super sore tomorrow and it will be tough to keep this up until June.
Brandon is really enjoying his ortho rotation. He gets along with the team that he is with and even though he isn't getting to do a ton of things in the OR, he still enjoys it. Next week, he will be with the doctor that he is doing his hip research with, so I bet he will like that too.
Since I haven't posted any pictures since we have been back in Rochester, here are a couple from New Year's Eve at Jen and Andrew's house with Katy and Steve.



2 comments:
You are right, we cannot complain when we compare our teens to your below zero temperature (we even had sun today), but it is a "wet" cold. Isaac and Lagaytha came with Chinese from Ocean Sky for Norm's birthday today. Wish you could have been here. Should we send you a few pictures of Brandon, Kristen?
Cute new blog look! Those look like yummy cookies too. We are not excited to come back to the cold weather!!! But it will be fun to see you guys! miss you!
Post a Comment